Friday, March 8, 2013

Black Dog Centenary Edition




Finally time has come when I am going to start tasting each variant of Black Dog Scotch. Today is a lovely Sunday and I am planning to get into mood to start sipping into the centenary edition of Black Dog Scotch. Ambience has to be apt for the occasion and I Asked my wife to arrange for some dim lighting in the living room, while I ventured into the kitchen to arrange for some light snacks to munch while I sip on the scotch.

 

I was in no mood to have heavy fried stuff and restricted myself to some olives and cheeses. People have the perception that only wine goes well with such stuff, but in my view these are just accompaniments and helps to accentuate the drink. Any fried stuff will coat the tongue with oil and will not let one get the real taste of the drink. But I will still try my scotch with Kebabs, Prawns and Paneer in another day seating with my friends.

Getting the old fashioned heavy bottom crystal glass to pour my scotch I was all ready to sip-in. I avoided ice given the weather is still cold in Delhi.

Here are my observations of the Black Dog Centenary edition.

Color: It has an amber colour with golden highlights.

Aroma: The matured wood and toasted malt with mild honey sweetness and delicate butterscotch bordering on cream is an amazing flavour for anyone who has good taste in life. Don’t even dare to compare it to normal local whisky which is only alcohol and no taste. The floral nuances that emerge at the end are especially to be noted.

Palate: With a robust body, pronounced with rich malt and oak and sherry sweetness, spreads warmly in the mouth like silent sea waves. Am I getting poetic?

Finish: The finish is well balanced leaving a long lasting flavor in mouth.

Looks like I am soon going to become a connoisseur of good scotch if I keep building my tasting notes like this.

Tomorrow will check the 12 year old (Deluxe) edition of Black Dog Scotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment