Friday, March 1, 2013

My new found love - Black Dog Scotch



I recently heard about NASH, a liver disease which occurs in people who drink little or no alcohol. Reading about the disease on various website, I finally had a reason to be happy and a valid (Medically proven) excuse for my wife. I drink in moderation (Have you heard of any drinker who believes otherwise?) and I love my two drinks at least twice a week. Never been fond of any particular brand or type, I give each drink equal respect and honor. When I received an invite from my friend to join him for drinks I was elated to know that finally I have a reason to look forward to something this weekend.



Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis or NASH is a common, often “silent” liver disease. It resembles alcoholic liver disease, but occurs in people who drink little or no alcohol. The major feature in NASH is fat in the liver, along with inflammation and damage. Most people with NASH feel well and are not aware that they have a liver problem. Nevertheless, NASH can be severe and can lead to cirrhosis, in which the liver is permanently damaged and scarred and no longer able to work properly.

This was not a normal evening and my friend who recently got promoted was in a mood to enjoy with the finest scotch in the world – Black Dog 18 year old. My first sip of this beautiful deep golden color scotch, and I knew that what I was missing all these years. The beauty from Scotland had silky soft tones on the tongue and impeccable balance of individual malt.

Finally I know of one brand that I am going to savour every evening, day on day, month on month and year on year. Time to share more about my experiences with my new found love - Black Dog scotch starting today. Watch out and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment